This is a curated list of free resources that I have used to deepen my understanding of the crypto eco-system, how it works & where it’s going, and to create and execute my investment strategy. Use the resources below to build your crypto foundation.
You may want to bookmark this list as I will keep it updated in the future.
Tip #1 Follow people with real skin in the game, either through investments and/or crypto-focused companies, whose primary income isn’t selling you information about crypto.
Articles, Podcasts & Videos: Fundamentals & Investment Thesis
- But how does bitcoin actually work?
- Real Vision Crypto
- Raoul Pal's Introduction to the Exponential Age
- Andreessen Horowitz Crypto
- Bankless Podcast
- Pomp Podcast
- a16z Podcast
Other Selected Content
- Tim Ferris #506 Balaji Srinivasan (Warning: prepare to have your mind blown.)
- Bankless Podcast SOTN #44 ETH / Ultra Sound Money
- A16z - Crypto, an Oral Essay
- A16Z - All about NFTs
Tip #2 Maximize your time spent understanding the fundamentals, minimize your time spent on YT/Twitter following market updates. Your future self will thank you.
Youtube Channels: Ongoing Trading/Investment Strategy
- Ben Cowen (The most useful for making risk adjusted investments)
- Datadash (Also great, well-grounded trading advice)
- Alex Becker (Fresh perspective. Warning: he trades high risk alt coins)
- Tyler S (He's just funny.)
Avoid these types of channels:
- Almost any channel trying too hard to shill you on leveraged trading platforms e.g. Bybit. They care more about their affiliate commissions than they care about you.
- Channels that talk a lot about "100x alt" opportunities too often. These are often pump & dumps.
Tip #3 The best way to get rich is to build a business: find ways to add value to other people & focus on things you can control. Investing is neither of those things. Crypto will provide endless opportunities to build profitable businesses in the next 10 years.
If you haven’t already, now is the time to get on board and start understanding this crazy new emerging asset class so that you can take advantage of it, and not be taken advantage of.